MSF is expanding its already existing program at South Middlesex Correctional Center to include volunteers to teach a variety of a dance styles on an alternating weekly basis.
For more information on our programs and how you can get involved, please send us an email: email@example.com
Moving Steps will be performing at the Dance for World Community Festival at Harvard Square on June 9. This year we are honored to perform on Stage 1 with a performance at 1:30. This year we will be performing 3 dances – all choreographed by company members – including the premier of Momentum, a piece written by UK composer, Stephanie Taylor, specifically for Moving Steps. Momentum beautifully invites the audience to journey through the confusion, sadness, transcendence and grace experienced personally by our company members.
The National Television and Film School in the UK recently completed filming for a documentary based on Moving Steps and focusing on the lives of three of our dance company members. With the goal of breaking stereotypes about women and addiction, the film explores the transformational powers of dance and performance. It will be shown at international film festivals as well as screened in the US. Updates on US showings will follow!
Moving Steps was invited to perform their current production of Moving Stories at Wellesley College. The highly appreciative and enthusiastic audience consisted of students, professors, mental health professions and individuals working in restorative justice. Following a lively Q and A, a reception followed that enabled company members to continue to engage with the audience in more in-depth discussion.
Moving Steps performed the production of Moving Stories at South Middlesex Correctional Center, the women’s minimum security/pre-release prison facility in Framingham, MA. It was a very emotional and ‘raw’ performance for company members, some of whom had previously been incarcerated at the prison. In the weeks post performance, several of the incarcerated women who saw the show talked about how moved they were by the “unforgettable” moments that were so close to their personal experience.
- September 30, 2018Moving Steps Workshop with Wellesley College(0) Comments
- September 23, 20182018-2019 MSF Program at South Middlesex Correctional Center(0) Comments
- July 6, 2018June 2018: Dance for World Community Festival(0) Comments
- June 6, 2018May 2018: Moving Steps Documentary(0) Comments
- June 6, 2018May 2018: Wellesley College Performance(0) Comments
- June 6, 2018May 2018: South Middlesex Correction Center Performance(0) Comments
- December 27, 2017Moving Steps Foundation inspires premiere of Moving Stories(0) Comments
- December 27, 2017See what it looks like when you teach women in prison to dance(0) Comments
- May 18, 2015Moving Steps to Perform at Dance For World Community Festival(0) Comments
- May 1, 2015SMCC Collaborative Performance a Success!(0) Comments